10.17.2009

break

I am home for October break! This morning I went downstairs and found my stepmom meditating, with her eyes closed and her headphones on, in the lotus position. It is 68 degrees and there is strong Peet's coffee brewing in the kitchen. When I left Poughkeepsie it was SNOWING! I asked a scientifically-inclined friend whether he thought this was a good or bad sign in terms of global warming. He was not sure. 

Last week, Ali went apple-picking with the guys next door. I had to stay home to grouchily finish a ten-page paper, but lived vicariously through their photos. 






Then, we made apple pie. I was not convinced that picked apples were very different from store-bought ones, but I was wrong. Also, they're huge. 







5 comments:

George said...

68 degrees sounds nice right now

Chloe said...

george!

George said...

haha, yea I still read this. It's great!

Chloe said...

aw, thank you. how is midd??

ALI said...

VIcki likes your Sundance sweater!