3.16.2009

trekking

One neat thing about eyesight is that it is trainable. While in Europe, I developed an obsession with clotheslines. I'd never noticed any here in San Francisco, but on the way to my internship on Friday, I started to look for them. Then: they were everywhere! 




San Francisco is not spread-out--it is tiny and walkable and one neighborhood often changes into another within a few blocks, even a half block. An upside to this is that seemingly disparate elements can be found side-by-side.  By Washington and Montgomery: 




Spring break starts on Friday, which means that all sorts of school and work commitments have been crunched into the next four days. A bright spot will be Wednesday night, when Tobias Wolff is reading at California and Presidio. Must try not to stare moony-eyed from my folding chair. 

No comments: